Saturday, March 5, 2016

I left my heart in San Francisco

So after visiting the cities I considered for my move, my heart was set on SF...
I came back from all my trips out of money and ready to start cooking again, I had set up a few stages (free labor so that my potential future employer can observe me) and was offered a job at all my stages but I decided on Flour + Water


I was very humbled by the experience of working for such a popular and busy restaurant. I met many great people and even started dating someone (Thomas)


Very shortly after I started working at Flour + Water, I was approached about being a sous chef... WOW! I wasn't looking for anything more than learning as a line cook and no more responsibilities... But who says no to being a sous chef at Flour + Water?! So I took the job and grew as a person and a manager/mentor everyday





I saw and learned things that I didn't think I would be able to ... Whether it was cooking, management, financials, butchery... I was given many opportunities to get as much out of the experience as I wanted and pushed for... It was tough work and there were nights when I would go home crying to Thomas about how difficult things were but when friends ask how I can stand doing this job for 12-16 hours a day, I actually know there's nothing else I'd rather do and this is the most fulfilling job I've ever had








I still am very close to Chris since we live in the same city now and I'm still with Thomas and now we get to travel the world together! ... Wish us luck!


I'll be formatting my blog a little differently than last time I travelled. Since we're leaving for longer periods of time, I'll just group the trips together and it'll be one big, concise publishes. Thanks!


Follow me on Instagram @vnesst or #foodfindme

No comments:

Post a Comment