Monday, January 6, 2014

Packing - PNW

I've recently been introduced to extremely light packing and now I'm obsessed with seeing how little I can pack for all my trips
Once you pull out all the things you think you need and compare it to the unit you have to fit it all in, you realize you don't need as much stuff as you thought 
So throughout my blog I will explain and post pictures about what and how I'm packing for certain trips 

I think packing for the cold and wet PNW will be fun...

And sure enough it was fun! NOT! I'm working with a Tom Bihn Synapse 19... I've packed and had to repack the bag 3 times and finally got a configuration that works! ::whew:: 😰 

I wanted the 19 cause the 25 looked like a giant ninja turtle shell on my back and it was just too big for my little body. I've read several blogs and seen pictures of what people were packing for trips longer than mine and they were taking less than I was so I knew I could make it work

So this is what I'm packing for 10 days in the PNW



4 underwear
1 bra
4 l/s shirts
1 layering tank top
1 light cashmere sweater
1 jeans
1 pj pants
3 socks
1 peshtamel towel 
1 scarf
1 wool jacket 
1 rain shell
1 beanie and glove set
1 inflatable pillow
1 Baggie of necessary electric cords
Makeup/toiletries
1 iPad 

The hostels I've booked have laundry facilities so I know I will have no issue with not having clean clothes

Everything fit nice and snug... I wore one of the long sleeve shirts, undies, bra, jeans, socks, scarf, wool jacket, and leather lace up boots

My personal carry item is a Tom Bihn Side Effect


Consisting of:
Wallet 
Moleskin
Pen
External charger
Carmex lip balm
Mints
Ibuprofen
iPhone earbuds
Tissue/napkins

Now I am so excited and ready for this challenge! See you in San Francisco!



Follow me on Instagram @vnesst




No comments:

Post a Comment