Friday, January 31, 2014

Packing - Abroad

I'm traveling on EVA airways, a Taiwanese airline that I feel is always consistent on their service, food, accomodations and prices


Even though I am traveling for almost 3 months, I still plan on packing light because I will have the opportunity to do laundry at many points on my trip. Because of the weather and the things I will be doing in various countries, I have to pack accordingly... It's pretty hot in that part of the world (high in the 90s and low in the 70s) so I'm packing mostly thin clothing that are made of synthetic fiber such as rayon, acrylic, or polyester as these fabrics are easy to wash and dry (wool also dries fast and wicks away moisture). Cotton takes too long to dry and can start smelling moldy as a result. Temples in Thailand (and most likely other parts of the world) have a respective dress code of long dresses that go passed the knees or long pants, and shirts with sleeves that cover the shoulder. Also I may have opportunities to attend nice dinners and would like to have something nicer to wear for the occasion 

On most international flights you are allowed 2 checked luggages at 50 lbs/23 kg each, a carry on item not exceeding 15 lbs/7 kg and a personal bag, but check with you airline carrier for exact guidelines

Packing cubes and shoe bag (I fit 3 shoes in the shoe bag)

All my toiletries including travel and stationary




Products from Lush Cosmetics (Top: solid conditioner, Middle: solid shampoo, Bottom: massage bar that I'm using as solid lotion). I highly support them because they are made in Canada, don't animal test, very green and sustainble forwarding thinking, the owners traveled a lot so they try to come up with travel friendly products… it's on the pricier side but if you drive a hybrid and shop at farmer's markets, this is along the same beliefs


I was able to pack 2 smaller cubes into a larger one

Space Bags Togo containing my chef whites


My contents:
7 undies
3 thongs
2 bras 
2 shorts
2 demin pants 
2 dresses
2 bathing suits
1 peshtamel towel
4 t shirts
3 collared shirts
9 tank tops
1 sweater 
3 socks
2 chef whites
2 kitchen pants
1 kitchen skull cap
1 apron
2 sets of pajama (shorts and tank top)
1 kitchen clogs
1 black flats
1 sandals
1 canvas slip ons
1 market bag
1 hair straightener
1 multi tool
Toiletries
Makeup
Medication


(I'm wearing one of the tank top, the sweater, jeans and canvas slip on shoes for my flight)

All ready to go and my luggage clocked in at 33lbs!


Carry-on
1 nook
1 iPad
Bag of charging cords/adapter 
Lots of snacks
Small cosmetic bag with touch up makeup, toothbrush/toothpaste, band-aids
Bag scale
Travel notes

This is a bag scale, if you don't have one, invest in one (you strap the scale on to your luggage, lift it and it tells you how much it weighs) This is battery powered, there are many that are not, whatever you prefer 



Tom and I taking over the world (Synapse 19 is my carry-on and will be my domestic travels bag)


Personal
Wallet
iPhone
SIM card cellphone
Mints
Ibuprofen  
Wet wipes
Digital camera
External charger


After packing for the PNW this was marginally easier… well I knew what I wanted to take and so I pulled it all out and then started narrowing down from there… Will I really need this? How often will I get to use this? Etc. Once everything was decided on, I rolled up the clothing and started to play Tetris, it's really easy if you're good at Tetris

So now I'm ready… so long, farewell, I bid you adieu!



Follow me on Instagram @vnesst

No comments:

Post a Comment